Image via CrunchBase
Real-time, Direct messages and Filters are the key changes to FriendFeed.
The goal of this redesign was to simplify the FriendFeed experience and put greater focus on the things that users have found to be most valuable. Here are some things that you'll find in the new site located at FriendFeed Beta:
- Everything in FriendFeed is now in real-time. There’s no need for refreshing, and no longer a separate view for real-time entries.
- Pictures! All the entries, no matter where they originated from, now have a consistent look, to help you focus on what your friends are sharing.
- You can now send and receive direct messages. There’s even a new message indicator when you have new direct messages.
- Rooms are now treated the same as individual users—they’re all feeds that you can subscribe to.
- You can post entries to multiple feeds directly from the box at the top of your feed.
- There are filters and saved search filters so you don’t miss a post from a certain friend or an entry about a specific topic.
- And keyboard shortcuts for the most common commands!